- Will check and make sure that child’s homework is completed and sign assignment tablet, portfolio, or planner daily.
- Will set aside a quiet, properly lit place for homework to be done.
- Will provide necessary materials for child to do homework (pencils, ruler, etc.).
- Will establish a daily routine that includes homework time.
- Will guide and encourage child to do best in homework, but do not do the work for the child.
- Will support child and communicate concerns with the teacher.
- Will talk with child and discuss what he/she is learning or trying to learn.
- Will listen carefully when instructions are given by the teacher.
- Will ask the teacher if he/she doesn’t understand the assignment.
- Will write assignments down in assignment tablet, portfolio or planner.
- Will complete assigned homework.
- Will give notes, bulletins to parents in a timely manner.
- Will get assignment tablet or planner signed by parent.
- Will pack homework the night before to avoid forgetting.
- Will turn assignments in on time.
- Will have assignments written on board for child to copy or glued in tablet.
- Will explain assignments before work is taken home.
- Will provide homework that the student is capable of doing.
- Will assign work that reinforces and reviews skills taught in class.
- Within grade level, teachers will collaborate amount of homework if students go to various teachers for different subjects.
- Will explain fully if homework is research-type or enrichment activities.
- Will assign homework that fits in the appropriate homework time range.